Thabo Mbeki and the Battle for the Soul of the ANC

by oneafrikan on May 7, 2005

_ Thabo Mbeki and the Battle for the Soul of the ANC

As a spokesman for a country, a continent and the developing world, Thabo Mbeki plays a crucial role in world politics, but to many people he is an enigma. Is this simply because Mbeki is a secretive man, or are there complicated political factors at play?

Africa and the world is yet to fully grasp what Thob Mbeki has done to steer the lives of many empoverished to a better future.He does this with little fan fair and humbling honesty,which is why he shys away from populist statements which make all and sundry happy but mean nothing.Some won’t like him because he champions African ideas without apology whilst others dislike him because of their own inferiority complex which stops them from embracing the fact that an African can have such foresight and insight.Africa will rise from the ashes, it is already and we owe such to the likes of Thabo Mbeki.Ours is a generation of critical thinkers and doers who are proudly African!!The Thabo Mbeki generation…

by Musa on May 17, 2005 at 6:38 am. Reply #

I completely agree with you Musa. I think many people underestimate what Thabo Mbeki has done for South Africa, and they probably won’t ever know for the reasons you’ve described. I put him down as one of the leaders of this century for what he has done, and is doing for Africa, and perhaps in time to come, that is what he will be known for, rather than as a South African leader.

Anyone got any other input?

by Gareth Knight on May 31, 2005 at 1:49 am. Reply #

I think I agree with Musa and Gareth but, like any other individual. Thabo has his own downfall meaning the are huge mistakes that he has done. Take for instance the issue of HIV, whether it courses AIDS or not… More and more our own deputy Jacob Gedleyihlekisa Zuma. I think he did not handled the saga aroud uMsholozi in a sensitive manner. I am one of those people whom being charecterized as stubborn but at the end of the day I sit alone and think things over then I realise My mistakes. Hope Mr. Mbeki does the samething as well. He is intelligent and we need people like him in South Africa and Africa as a whole.
We also need people like Jacob Zuma. He is a real african who knows his religion and practice his culture like a real african. He might made mistake from the past but he still remains Humble as ever and down with UBUNTU which many leaders lack. Thats my view

by Sibusiso Yo! Nkosi on August 25, 2005 at 8:24 am. Reply #

ViVa!! Zuma ViVa!!
I am defenatly on Sibusiso’s side we need Zuma to take things over. Mbeki has layed the foundation with his stubborness. We love him we’re proud of Mbeki and his African renaissance.

My president Nxamalala!! you are My President. Zuma Zuma Zuma
Zuma!!!!! VIVA!!!

by Jacob Smith on August 25, 2005 at 8:33 am. Reply #

Ubuntu is cool ;-)
Thanks guys!

by Gareth Knight on August 26, 2005 at 2:35 pm. Reply #

personaly feels that Pallo Jordan remain to be a relevant candidadte for the presidency, primarily bcause he has the capacity to defuse the strong rift that exist within the tripartite alliance. Moreover is one of the renoun leaders and is both grounded theoretical and intellectualy clear. Can clearly fastrack and champion the transformation agenda

by melikhaya pikini on February 18, 2006 at 2:37 pm. Reply #