What will your legacy be?

by oneafrikan on July 26, 2005

Joost has updated his motion archive with “A thousand Suns“.

Im proud to update with A Thousand Suns prologue.
Provided with a number of static imagery and a written narrative i was given a free hand to create the Prologue for the documentary A Thousand Suns.
Many thanks to Willam Snavely for creating the beautifull music and to Sean Thibodeau for refining the text and narrating it.

I’ve just watched it, and it’s really inspiring – I’m not sure who the audience will be, nor why they are gathered, but I think it will leave them with something to think about.

Never underestimate what a small group of concerned citizens can achieve.

What a moving clip. Very powerful images and the amazing narrative. The voice and pictures grab you. I would love to know more about the project. Will it be a full feature?

by Roberto on August 11, 2005 at 11:01 am. Reply #

Very interesting presentation. The narrative is incredibly powerful, congratulations to the narrator (Sean Thibodeau) and writers. The visual images are wonderful.

by Rick on August 11, 2005 at 3:43 pm. Reply #

Wow. Great introduction, can’t wait to see what it is all about. Narration by Sean Thibodeau is amazing. What else has he done?

by Robert on August 12, 2005 at 8:56 am. Reply #

I don’t think it will be a feature Roberto – if I’m correct, it’s a Prolugue… Joost has more info here: http://www.renascent.nl/

Rick, I agree with you ;-) it’s visually and audibly arresting, and for me it pulls at my sense of right and wrong and what is possible given the right motive.

Robert, I’ve never heard of Sean Thibodeau before… A quick google search (http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=%22Sean+Thibodeau%22) doesn’t reveal anything conclusive either…

by Gareth Knight on August 13, 2005 at 5:46 am. Reply #

I have just googled the documentrary and all I get is this post. WOW! First of all, you seem concerned about various issues. How or what did you think of the documentary? I would like my teacher to show this to his class. It bears much for todays artist and film maker!

by Barbara on October 21, 2005 at 7:11 am. Reply #

I thought the documentary was awesome – compelling, interesting and visually attractive… Show it to your teacher!

by Gareth Knight on October 21, 2005 at 2:45 pm. Reply #

How do I watch this documentary? I used to know a Sean Thibodeau in LA…might be the same guy and I would love to hear the narration.

by James on January 6, 2006 at 4:29 pm. Reply #

James, you want to go to:
http://www.renascent.nl/motion.htm and look for “A Thousand Suns” and then click the link there to open the movie.

G’luck!

by Gareth Knight on January 9, 2006 at 2:14 pm. Reply #

You can check more about Sean Thibodeau at
suspiciouspackaging.com

by Bob on January 24, 2006 at 4:48 am. Reply #

Thanks Bob ;-)

by Gareth Knight on January 24, 2006 at 10:52 am. Reply #

I remember my friend Lance working on this some years back. I believe he wrote it actually.

by Nicole on March 28, 2006 at 8:56 pm. Reply #