GeekBBQ tomfoolery in London

by oneafrikan on May 23, 2006

Well, after what was a great night on Friday, it seems that there is demand for more GeekBBQ’s here in little ‘ol Sunny London, and since there have been requests for a “where do I sign up page”, I’m posting something here until a better idea comes along, or I get the time to set up a domain or something…

So without further ado, the next date is the 23rd of June, same place, same time, same stuff to bring…

You can see the Flickr set from the BBQ on Friday;
You can read the series of posts leading up to the first one
and for shits and giggles I’ve added another Upcoming.org post as well…

Please comment to this post to RSVP / steak your claim to, er, some good steak… (note the pun ;-)

Thanks Gareth, for that “sign up page” ;-) And please add me to the “must have steak to list”. Looking forward to it, and I’ll bring plenty of beers and burgers!
Cheers,
Walid

by Walid on May 23, 2006 at 6:23 pm. Reply #

Hi Gareth,

Saw this via Deirdre’s Beers and Innovation blog – you’re cordially invited to add this event to the events listings at JigsawUK – http://www.jigsawuk.org

Regards,

Colin

by Colin Donald on May 24, 2006 at 11:47 am. Reply #

@Walid: cool – added to the steak list. Beers and burgers are good too!

@Colin: added the event to jigsaw – thanks for the heads up ;-)

by Gareth Knight on May 24, 2006 at 1:12 pm. Reply #

Sorry I missed the last one, but I hope to make it to this one.

BTW, I’me a veggie so will bring my own Quorn sausages and veggie burgers :-)

by Andy Budd on May 25, 2006 at 11:52 am. Reply #

Sorry I missed it. Mind you seeing there was only one sosatie (see the flikr pics) I’d think there would have been small pickings on it between all the partygoers!

I’ll add the gig to my calander at http:iscatterlings.com

Mind you with the low visitor rate….. oh well!

by Robert on May 25, 2006 at 6:15 pm. Reply #

@Andy – cool, look forward to seeing you again dude! ;-) As for being a veggie – we did some veggie sausages for Robert (http://www.flickr.com/photos/garethknight/150354171/in/set-72057594140901048/) and they came out OK, so bring it on ;-)

@Robert – nah, we had loads of sosaties – they went onto the grid first, and were gone in like 10 mins, then we did the wors and that was gone pretty quickly, then we put on the steak and ribs, which went down well – so we’ll fatten you up, don’t worry ;-)

by Gareth Knight on May 25, 2006 at 8:56 pm. Reply #

I’m in – the thought of tearing into a big juicy steak too tempting to refuse. On that note, do we bring our own?

by Tim Benjamin on May 26, 2006 at 7:28 pm. Reply #

Yup, bring your own ;-)
I can buy for you from my trusty butcher, but only if you ask me to beforehand…

by Gareth Knight on May 28, 2006 at 12:46 pm. Reply #

I’ll be there, I hope. I’ll bring some vegetarian stuff too (both BBQ and non-BBQ).

by Tom Morris on June 3, 2006 at 3:22 pm. Reply #

I missed the last one only because I was away on Holiday. But I’m going to the next one for sure.

I’ll bring some chicken drumsticks for BBQ

Geekdinners and now GeekBBQ’s I love it!

by Ian Forrester on June 3, 2006 at 6:19 pm. Reply #