Can’t access Yahoo! Mail… anyone else getting the same?

by oneafrikan on July 23, 2006

Strange, just today I can’t access Yahoo! Mail from Outlook, their website (http://mail.yahoo.co.uk), the web browser on my PDA and the mail app on my PDA… So I’m pretty sure something is up.

Anyone else having any difficulties getting their Yahoo! Mail?

I’ve been having the same problem all day. The only thing close to an answer I’ve found is here – http://answers.yahoo.com/question/?qid=20060723150135AAyW1ui

I think there are four broad possibilities..

1) Difficulties with the MSN / yahoo messenger integration
2) A technical problem / power outage / viral infection in yahoos systems
3) A continuing denial of service attack
4) DNS misconfiguration

I’d be interested to know, are you using yahoo’s UK email?

by Gareth Stack on July 24, 2006 at 1:07 am. Reply #

Exactly the same thing from Yahoo Mail France since last day in the afternoon

by Jean-Luc R. on July 24, 2006 at 1:46 am. Reply #

@Gareth:
Yup, using Yahoo UK mail…. but it seems to be working now – needed to re-create the email account in Outlook to get it working though…

@Jean-Luc:
Yea, that’s when I first picked it up on my side…

by Gareth Knight on July 24, 2006 at 9:51 am. Reply #

Fixed for me also. Still no official comment from yahoo however.

by Gareth Stack on July 24, 2006 at 10:47 am. Reply #

Yea, not sure you’ll get one just yet – probably has to be cleared through legal first!

by Gareth Knight on July 24, 2006 at 10:47 am. Reply #

Actually both myspace.com and yahoo.com all went down this weekend due to the excessive heatwave in California.

Yup seems the US cant handle the heat, and the substation’s blew, causing massive damage to the electricity networks which both companies use

by Daniel on July 24, 2006 at 11:24 am. Reply #

So maybe now the US will start to wonder whether we are actually contributing to the speeding up of global warming, or not… ;-)

by Gareth Knight on July 25, 2006 at 11:01 am. Reply #

Yep still carnt access my email accounts bassed in the U.S…. Nightmare!

by Martin A on February 26, 2007 at 6:50 pm. Reply #

Idont know good or not..

But Yesterday 12th April 2007 i can access yahoo mail like no problem at all, then after i log out for 2 hours. BAMM!! your yahoo id did not exist. What a bum.. I try all other way around to get in back but NO!.

SO i want to create a new one with the same id, BAMM!! “The yahoo id is currently unavailable…” what is this… Server problem or My account have been deleted or It’s lock by security. But why????

I dont know how to contact yahoo group/admin to ask for this problem…

by Azli on April 13, 2007 at 3:40 am. Reply #

Probably a good idea…

by Gareth Knight on April 13, 2007 at 9:41 am. Reply #

smae probelms with yahoo australia. no sloutions. tried everything mentioned above also.

ive lost so many imporant saved emials.

sick off stupid yahoo help not helping.

by dale - aust on April 14, 2007 at 10:23 am. Reply #

I haven’t been able to access Yahoo Mail since Sept 12, 2007 on computers running Windows 98 SE and Windows XP. I tried it with IE, Maxthon, Opera, and Firefox. The only way for me to access it is with an old Mac running IE on Mac OS 9, but it takes ten minutes to load after logging in.

I think they made some changes to Javascript or Java or whatever fancy stuff they use that’s not compatible with many computers.

by Maccess on September 14, 2007 at 10:58 am. Reply #