Go get it… Or please forward if you think relevant:
Position Advertised: SEO Analyst
Segment: Corporate Banking
Business Unit: FNB Online – PCM
Grade: Grade Cs
Role: SEO Analyst
Remuneration: Salary depended on experience and qualifications
Overview of Role
The SEO Analyst is a position designed to support the efforts of the search engine optimisation team. This person is responsible for assisting with the production, implementation, and development of our search engine optimisation services. We’re looking for a motivated, creative, and analytic thinker to join FNB Online, in Fairland, Randburg. As a Search Engine Optimisation Analyst, the person’s primary goal will be to increase natural search engine traffic from key search engines for our FNB Internal Stakeholders. The person will also assist with the implementation of a SEM (Search Engine Marketing) and Web Analytics strategy.
* Audit content published for search engine optimization compliance
* Create detailed search engine optimization recommendations for assigned sites
* Track and report search engine referrals, keyword rankings and other SEO/SEM traffic metrics for assigned sites to stakeholders
* Implement strategies for attaining high rankings for relevant, high-volume search terms
* Be an expert in your space by staying on top of current SEO/SEM news, search engine feature changes, and algorithm shifts.
* Research, create and assist with a long-term SEO/SEM strategy for the channel that complies with best practice standards and will drive sustainable traffic.
* On-page optimisation, including detailed site assessment and comprehensive recommendations.
* Off-page optimisation, including development and acquisition.
* Website structure, page structure and internal linking structure.
* Advice on implementation and page code.
* Page copy and keyword optimisation.
* Monitoring and reporting.
* Keyword research.
* Competitor and back-link analysis.
* Work autonomously to identify areas of opportunity and improvement.
* Follow company policies and procedures.
* Complete any ad hoc report, or duty as required by the business needs.
* Demonstrate an active interest in advancing the success of our clients.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- An SEO/SEM qualification (Required)
- Understanding and Experience in Web Analytics (Required – at least 1 year)
- A tertiary qualification with a marketing background (Advantage)
- Understanding and Experience in the Web 2.0 environment (Required – at least 1 year)
- MS Office Word and Excel Advanced user (Required)
- Report writing Skills (Required)
* Able to work with a diverse and distributed team.
* An adept and proactive communicator able to build relationships at all levels, able to deal with others with tact and good judgment. Responsible, inclusive and approachable.
* Drive and desire to contribute to the success of the company’s strategy and goals
* The ability to multi-task and plan effectively, especially regarding the introduction of new work to suit existing schedules is a must, as is effective self-management.
* A proactive and pre-emptive problem-solving approach, requiring a diligent mind and an eye for detail in all aspects of business.
* Intelligent and perceptive. A creative and original thinker with the ability to generate innovative solutions and suggestions to meet a wide range of business challenges.
* Positive and enthusiastic, displaying a genuine passion for meeting new challenges. Inquiring and analytical.